Intellectual Property Valuation in Cyprus
Intellectual Property Valuation in CyprusUpdated on Sunday 17th September 2017
Rate this article
based on 2 reviews.
based on 2 reviews.
Intellectual property plays an important role in businesses. An increasing number of companies in Cyprus have begun evaluating their patents or trade marks.
The intellectual property valuation process in Cyprus is crucial once a business becomes larger and it attains greater market shares.
When a business entity becomes easier to identify, its value will consist more of its intangible assets rather than the physical ones.
This is one of the main reasons why Cyprus is a country which allows businesses to apply for loans with intangible assets, mainly intellectual property rights, as collaterals.
Our lawyers in Cyprus can provide further details on the legislation on intellectual property rights in this country.
Why value intellectual property in Cyprus?
Valuation is thought to be one of the most important aspects in finance. It plays a crucial role in many financial areas, like buy/sell, merger, solvency or acquisition.
Moreover, intellectual property valuation is thought to be one of the most important strategic aspects of a management.
Common reasons for which intellectual property valuation is necessary include:
• Corporate valuation for shareholders;
• A public entity privatization;
• Raising of funds;
• IPO (initial public offering);
• Corporate acquisitions and mergers;
• Management buy-out or buy-in;
• Financial reporting;
• Investing in an intellectual property asset;
• Other reasons: our Cypriot lawyers can provide further details on what these other reasons may consist of.
Intellectual property valuation services in Cyprus
Generally, the services for intellectual property valuations in Cyprus are rendered by professional companies.
Prior to asking these services, though, our attorneys in Cyprus recommend you to verify how you can utilize these services for positive results.
The following intellectual property valuation services are available in Cyprus:
• The valuation connected to the company licensing;
• The valuation of intellectual property transfers;
• The valuation of intellectual property holding businesses;
• Other services: our lawyers in Cyprus can provide more details on what these other services consist of.
For thorough information on the intellectual property valuation services available in Cyprus, we kindly invite you to contact our Cypriot law firm.