How to Obtain a Building Permit in Cyprus
How to Obtain a Building Permit in CyprusUpdated on Sunday 14th January 2018
Rate this article
based on 4 reviews.
based on 4 reviews.
To be able to build, demolish, amend, extend, convert or repair the use of premises in Cyprus, first, you must obtain the town planning permit for the conversion of the property and/or the building or construction works. Then, a building permit must be issued by the corresponding local authority, depending on the location of the real estate. As follows, our lawyers in Cyprus explain how to obtain a building permit in Cyprus and the related aspects to this subject.
Documents needed for a building permit in Cyprus
The documents required in order to obtain a building permit in Cyprus could differ depending on each local authority in which the property is located. Usually, our attorneys in Cyprus note that these documents contain:
• The original and recent two architectural plan sets which must be signed by the owner of the real estate and the architect or civil engineer who is responsible for the project;
• The original and recent topographical plan sets signed by the architect or civil engineer who is responsible for the project;
• The original and recent title of deed plans or the bank certificate related to the mortgaged real estate;
• The original town planning permit as obtained from the Town Planning agency;
• The original and recent incorporation certificate of the company;
• The original and recent registered office address certificate, in case the applicant is a company;
• The original and recent director and secretary certificate, if the applicant is a company;
• The original and recent shareholder certificate, if applicable;
• The original and recent memorandum and articles of association certified copy, if applicable;
• Other documents: our Cypriot lawyers can provide further details on what these other documents may consist of.
Other considerations related to building permits in Cyprus
Prior to being issued a building permit in Cyprus, our attorneys in Cyprus would like to state that the business entity has to prepare an environmental baseline survey and a disposal plan first for the underground water which might have to be drawn while building the property.
In case it is approved by the environmental department, the building permit will be issued and the building of the property may begin.
If you wish to learn more about obtaining building permits in Cyprus, or for assistance in setting up a company on the island, we invite you to contact our Cypriot law firm.